18. Brisbin, I.L. Jr. 1976. The domestication of the dog. Purebred Dogs: American Kennel Club Gazette 93:22-29.
19. Coppinger, Raymond, and Charles K. Smith. 1983. The domestication of evolution. Environmental Conservation 10:283-92.
20. Glutton-Brock, Juliet. 1995. Origins of the dog: Domestication and early history. In The Domestic Dog: Its Evolution, Behaviour, and Interactions with People, edited by J. Serpell. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
21. Corbett, Laurie. 1985. Morphological comparisons of Australian and Thai dingoes: A reappraisal of dingo status, distribution and ancestry. Proceedings of the Ecology Society of Australia 13:277-91.
22. Crisler, Lois. 1958. Arctic Wild. New York: Harper and Row.
23. Darwin, Charles. 1903. The Origin of Species. Facsimile of first edition (1859-60). London: Watts.
24. Davis, Simon J. M., and Frangois R. Valla. 1978. Evidence for the domestication of the dog 12, 000 years ago in the Natufian of Israel. Nature 276:608-10.
25. Fentress, John C 1967. Observations on the behavioral development of a hand-reared male timber wolf. American Zoologist 7:339—51.
- 1973. Specific and nonspecific factors in the causation of behavior, In Perspectives in Ethology, edited by P.P.G. Bateson and R.H. Klopfer. New York and London: Plenum Press.
26. Frank, Harry, and Martha Gialdini Frank. 1982. Comparison of problem solving performance in six-week-old wolves and dogs. Animal Behaviour 30:95-98.
27. Frank, Harry, Martha G. Frank, Linda M. Hasselbach, and Dawn M. Littleton. 1989. Motivation and insight in wolf (Canis lupus) and Alaskan Malemute (Canis familiaris): visual discrimination and learning. Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society 27(5):455—58.
28. Gallon, Francis. 1908. Domestication of animals. In Inquiries into Human Faculty and Development. London: J.M. Dent and Co.
29. Goodmann, Patricia A., and Erich Klinghammer. 1985. Wolf ethogram. Battle Ground, Ind.: Wolf Park.
30. Gould, Stephen Jay, and Elisabeth Vrba. 1982. Exaptation-a missing term in the science of form. Paleobiology 8(1):4—15.