31. Herre, W, and M. Rohrs. 1977. Origins of agriculture. In World Anthropology, edited by C.A. Reed. The Hague: Mouton.
32. Klinghammer, Erich, and Patricia Ann Goodmann. 1987. Socialization and management of wolves in captivity. In Man and Wolf, edited by H. Frank Dordrecht. The Netherlands: Dr. W. Junk Publishers.
33. Klinghammer, Erich. 1994. Imprinting and early experience: How to avoid problems with tame animals. Vol. 8, Ethology Series. Battle Ground, Ind.: North American Wildlife Park Foundation.
34. Kohane, M. J., and P.A. Parsons. 1988. Domestication: Evolutionary change under stress. Evolutionary Biology 23:31^48.
35. Lewin, Roger. 1988. A revolution of ideas in agricultural origins. Science 240:984-86.
36. Manwell, Clyde, and C. M. Ann Baker. 1983. Origin of the dog: From wolf or wild Canis familiaris. Speculations in Science and Technology 6(3):213-24.
37. Meggitt, M. J. 1965. The association between Australian Aborigines and dingos. In Man, Culture, and Animals, edited by A. Leeds and A.R. Vayda. Washington, D. C.: American Association for the Advancement of Science.
38. Oppenheimer, E. C, and J.R. Oppenheimer. 1975. Certain behavioral features in the pariah dog (Canis familiaris) in West Bengal. Applied Animal Ethology 2:81-92.
39. Parsons, Peter A. 1997. Stress-resistance genotypes, metabolic efficiency and interpreting evolutionary change. In Environmental Stress, Adaptation and Evolution, edited by R. Bijlsma and V. Loeschcke. Boston: Birkhauser.
40. Price, Edward O. 1998. Behavioral genetics and the process of animal domestication. In Genetics and the Behavior of Domestic Animals, edited by Temple Grandin. San Diego: Academic Press.
41. Scott, John Paul. 1968. Evolution and domestication of the dog. Evolutionary Biology 2:243-75.
42. Scott, John R. 1959. The inheritance of annual breeding cycles in hybrid basenji-cocker spaniel dogs. The Journal of Heredity, 255-61.
43. Smith, Charles K. 1970. Logical and persuasive structures in Charles Darwin's prose style. Language and Style, Fall: 243-73.