69. Stonehenge. 1872. The Dog in Health and Disease. Second edition. London: Longmans, Green, Reader, and Dyer.
70. Titcomb, M. 1969. Dogs and man in the ancient Pacific with special attention to Hawaii. Special Publication 59, Bernice P. Bishop Museum, Honolulu, Hawaii.
71. Andelt, William F. 1992. Effectiveness of livestock guarding dogs for reducing predation on domestic sheep. Wildlife Society Bulletin 20:55-62.
72. Bailey, Ed. 1997/98. The fearful dog. Gun Dog, December/January, 41^44. - 1998. Another look at the 49th day. Gun Dog, April/May, 20-24.
- 1999. Giving pups a head start. Gun Dog, April/May, 24-27.
73. Bateson, Gregory. 1972. Metalogue: What is an instinct? In Steps to an Ecology of Mind. New York: Ballantine Books.
74. Bateson, Patrick. 1979. How do sensitive periods arise and what are they for? Animal Behaviour 27:470-86.
75. Black, Hal L. 1981. Navajo sheep and goat guarding dogs: A new world solution to the coyote problem. Rangelands 3 (6):235-38.
76. Black, H. L., and J.S. Green. 1985. Navajo use of mixed-breed dogs for management of predators. Journal of Range Management 38:11-15.
77. Cairns, Robert B. 1966. Development, maintenance and extinction of social attachment behavior in sheep. Journal of Comparative and Physiological Psychology 62(2):298-306.
78. Cairns, Robert В., and Donald L. Johnson. 1965. The development of interspecies social attachments. Psychonometric Science 2:337-38.
79. Cairns, Robert В., and Jack Werboff. 1967. Behavior development in the dog: An interspecific analysis. Science 158:1070-72.
80. Cooper, R. M., and John R. Zubek. 1958. Effects of enriched and restricted early environments on the learning ability of bright and dull rats. Canadian Journal of Psychology 12(3): 159-64.
81. Coppinger, L., and R. Coppinger. 1993. Dogs for herding and guarding livestock. In Livestock Handling and Transport, edited by T. Grandin. Wallingford, Oxford, UK: CAB International.
82. Coppinger, Raymond, Lorna Coppinger, Gail Langeloh, Lori Gettler, and Jay Lorenz. 1988. A decade of use of livestock guarding dogs. In Proceedings of the Vertebrate Pest Conference, edited by A.C. Crabb and R.E. Marsh. Davis, CA: University of California.