184. Vila, O. C., P. Savolainen, J.E. Malconado, I.R. Amorim, J.E. Rice, R.L. Honeycutt, K.A. Crandall, J. Lundeberg, and R.K. Wayne. 1997. Multiple and ancient origins of the domestic dog. Science 276:1687-89.
185. Wayne, R. К, , N. Lehman, M.W. Allard, and R.L. Honeycutt. 1992. Mitochondrial DNA variability of the gray wolf: Genetic consequences of population decline and habitat fragmentation. Conservation Biology 6:559—69.
186. Alberch, P. 1982a. Developmental constraints in evolutionary processes. In Evolution and Development, edited byj. T. Bonner. New York: Springer-Verlag.
187. Alberch, Pere. 1982b. The generative and regulatory roles of development in evolution. Edited by D. Mossakowsky and G. Roth, Environmental Adaptation and Evolution. Stuttgart and New York: Gustav Fischer.
188. Alberch, Pere, Stephen J. Gould, George F. Oster, and David B. Wake. 1979. Size and shape in ontogeny and phylogeny. Paleobiology 5:296-317.
189. Glutton-Brock, J., G.B. Corbet, and M. Hills. 1976. A review of the family Canidae with a classification by numerical methods. Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History) (Zoology) 29:117-99.
190. Coppinger, Raymond, and Lorna Coppinger. 1996. Biologic bases of behavior of domestic dog breeds. In Readings in Companion Animal Behavior, edited by V. Voith and P. Borchelt. Trenton, N. J.: Veterinary Learning Systems.
191. Godfrey, Laurie R., and Michael R. Sutherland. 1995. What's growth got to do with it? Process and product in the evolution of ontogeny. Journal of Human Evolution 29:405-31.
192. Gould, Stephen Jay. 1966. Allometry and size in ontogeny and phylogeny. Biological Review 41:587-640.
- 1986. The egg-a-day barrier. Natural History 86(7). T6-24.
193. Haldane, J. B. S. 1930. The Causes of Evolution. London: Longmans Green.
194. Hildebrand, Milton. 1952. An analysis of body proportions in the Canidae. American Journal of Anatomy 90:217—56.
195. Kruska, D. 1988. Mammalian domestication and its effects on brain structure and behaviour. In Intelligence and Evolutionary Biology, edited by H.J. Jerison and I. Jerison. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.